Welcome to Allerton High Business & Enterprise Specialist School where we are proud of our track record in enabling young people to achieve success. As a specialist Business & Enterprise school, we actively encourage young people to develop team work, creativity and problem-solving skills, both within the curriculum and in our 'Enterprise Activity' events. We ensure all our young people complete an IT qualification in KS3 and these opportunities, combined with work placement, ensure our students develop confidence and responsibility, ensuring they are ready for the world of work.
We promote excellence in terms of examination results. I am delighted that virtually all of our young people achieved 5 GCSE passes at A*-C in 2013, almost 70% of them with English and Maths and the recent successes of our Post-16 students are equally impressive. 66% of A Level grades were at A*-C and virtually all our young people secured their place in Higher Education. However, Allerton High is also a caring school that combines a genuine interest in the individual with a desire to develop all members of the community by creating a supportive environment for learning and insisting on high standards of behaviour.
We are proud of our state-of-the-art building which opened in September 2008, fully equipped with ICT and flexible learning spaces and we are also impressed with the dynamic contributions our young people make to the success of Allerton High.
I love being Headteacher here and I hope you will feel as passionate about Allerton High once you've visited us.
Our Vision and Aims
We are committed to enabling young people to achieve success and to preparing them for the challenges ahead, working in partnership with students, their parents/carers and the community. As a specialist Business & Enterprise School, we have set ourselves challenging targets and the school community shares the values which underpin our vision.
We want to raise achievement by:
- developing individual talent and potential
- having high expectations of everyone
- recognising and celebrating success
- providing opportunities for becoming highly skilled in the use of ICT
- ensuring that the teaching and learning environment is secure, safe and clean
- driving a culture of business and enterprise
- integrating local services for the benefit of students and their families
- involving the community in lifelong learning
- nurturing a feeling of pride in the school
We want to develop moral, social, cultural and spiritual awareness by:
- actively encouraging the acceptance of responsibility for one’s own behaviour
- promoting relationships which show mutual respect
- developing an understanding of other faiths and cultures
- celebrating diversity and difference
- developing a respect for honesty and truth
- encouraging a healthy lifestyle
- developing good citizens
- promoting the importance of international perspectives
Mission Statement – ‘Enabling young people to achieve success’